We organized trainings on ‘Child Abuse and Neglect’ in medical faculty and encouraged our medical student to participate this trainigs. We contacted our professors who are working on violence against children from the department of Forensic Medicine. Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. And we planned 6 sessions that contain subjects related with child abuse and neglect.
Area of Activity
Children Health and Rights
Learn about the following topics:
– Children rights and differential diagnosis of child abuse and neglect
– Physical abuse and important details of diagnosis
– Neurological symptoms of child abuse and baby shacken syndrome
– Emotional abuse and Vom Munchausen by Proxy
– Post traumatic stress syndrome
– Conversation with abused child
Time frame of the Activity
4/10/2016 – 20/12/2016
Collaboration with professors from the department of Forensic Medicine, Neurosurgery, Pediatrics, Child Psychiatry, amongst others.
Affiliated in an IFMSA Program?
Children Health and Rights – email@example.com
Erva Nur Çınar, TurkMSIC Turkey – firstname.lastname@example.org