GoSCORP Barcelona aims to attend the social needs in Catalonia and to offer the students a chance to improve their skills and to discover our reality. During two weeks, medical students work in youth centres in Barcelona, organizing an English intensive course for teenagers in risk of social exclusion. We also have 6 different workshops related to the topic, and a cultural and social program. Finally, this year we have also worked on refugees’ welcome and their integration into the society.
Area of Activity
Human Rights, Patients’ Rights and Patient-Centred Medicine, Children Health and Rights, Migrants’ Health and Rights
To raise awareness among medical students about the issues that certain vulnerable collectives have to overcome, and to give them the chance to work on improving equality.
1. To improve students’ knowledge on HR and their implication on social issues
2. To develop students’ skills in communication and group dynamics while exploring values, attitudes and knowledge in the field of youth non formal education
3. To develop intercultural exchange and cooperation of medical students worldwide in the field of HR
4. To improve knowledge on English and specific topics of teenagers in the English course
5. To empower students to implement programmes focused on helping vulnerable collectives
Time frame of the Activity
02/07/2016 – 16/07/2016
Ethics and Human Rights in Health – firstname.lastname@example.org
Judit Giró – email@example.com